I) Background Documents
- File #1 below will provide you with a general overview of climate change for the Kamloops TSA and files 2-11 are individual narratives by subzone. Each provides a description of a probable future based on the climate change scenarios tested in K1 with the forest and stand types found in that subzone.
- General Trends across the TSA Nov 12-08
- ICHdw Ecol Narrative
- ICHmw Ecol Narrative
- ICHwk Ecol Narrative
- IDFdk Ecol Narrative
- IDFmw Ecol Narrative
- IDFxh Ecol Narrative
- MSdm Ecol Narrative
- MSxk Ecol Narrative
- PPxh Ecol Narrative
- SBSmm Ecol Narrative
- K1 Final Report (Jun 09) – this is the main report covering the overall findings of the strategy.
- KFFS Technical Presentation (June 09), this highlights the project, sensitivities, vulnerabilities and adaptive capacity issues identified for the Kamloops TSA – to view the presentation allowing notes to be viewed, save it first to your hard drive.
II) Meeting Files
a) Client Workshop in Kamloops – February 10 – 11, 2010
Backgrounder (Jan 21-10) This is a backgrounder on the first phase of the Kamloops Future Forest Strategy (K1) and an introduction to K2.
Client Summary: Management Questions (Jan 21-10) These are some example questions that emerged from K1 that could be explored in K2.
Developing Questions Table (Dec 15-09) An overview of the sensitivities and recommended management actions that came from K1 – which can be used to as context for potential management questions we may wish to explore in K2
K2 Working groups and Ecological themes (Feb 11, 10) This is a tentative list of the follow-up working groups and their potential participants. If you missed out on signing up, or know of someone else that may be well suited to a specific working group or groups and is interested, please pass their name and email to us (dpforestry at gmail dot com).
Downloadable Presentations given during the Workshop:
b) Outreach in Clearwater & Barriere – April 21 – 22, 2010
Files about the project presented during meetings:
Forest changes documents
- Summary presentation on the influence of a changing climate on Kamloops forest ecosystems
- Detailed Ecological Narratives and Summaries, from K1
- Developing Questions table - comparison of ecological sensitivity with management sensitivity and recommended management actions for the Kamloops TSA, from K1
- Introduction presentation: Clearwater Climate Change Adaptation Community Info
Information from other sources suggested during the sessions
- Climate Overview 2007 – Hydroclimatology and Future Climate Impacts in BC
- A Summary of Climate Change Effects on Watershed Hydrology Extension Note
- BC Snow Trend Report
- Integrated Ecological Impact Assessment: Climate Change and BC’s Forest and Range Ecosystems (attached)
- Climate Change and Canada’s Forests
- From Impacts to Adaptation: Canada in a Changing Climate 2007
c) Working Groups Meeting in Kamloops – June 10, 2010
III) Presentations About K2
Designing a Climate Change Strategy in Southern British Columbia by Ken Zielke. Presented by David Perez at the Society of American Foresters National Convention. November 5, 2011.
Climate Change Adaptation: Bringing Researchers & Practitioners Together to Explore Operational Questions by Harry Nelson. A presentation for the Southern Interior Silviculture Committee in British Columbia. April 5, 2011.
This page has the following sub pages.